Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Show #41 Joan LaStrange - Moms Discussing Medication


A while ago, my friend Joan LaStrange and I sat down to talk about our boys, ADHD, and medication. This is a great conversation for any parent who is considering meds for their child- the ins and outs of the day to day, as experienced by two moms of kids with ADHD. We talk about our doctor's recommendation, whether to try drug holidays, and how meds are not a cure but a tool for treating ADHD.

Joan has been on the Board for our local CHADD chapter for the past three years, and is one of the moms I can always count on for great advice and a big shoulder when I am having crazy moments with my kids. This will be a little like listening to your friends chatting rather than expert advice, but it is the "consumer reports" or field guide to meds and kids with ADHD, from our experience.

The conversations with Joan will appear in three parts, to keep the show length at 30 - 40 minutes.

Labels: , , , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just found your show today, I'm really excited to listen to it. I like to find new resources, mostly podcasts, to share with my friends in a local support group in Chicago. I may be posting some information on our group's message board as soon as I figure out how to direct everyone to the correct links. Thanks for being here! I'm looking forward to listening to the current podcasts I have downloaded today.

8:20 AM  
Blogger wsh1266 said...

Thanks, Christina! Let me know what you think, and if there's any issues you'd like us to cover. If you get a chance, I'd love it if you'd leave a review of the podcast in iTunes!

1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home