Sunday, August 20, 2006

Show #15 News and technical difficulties......

Technology is great, until it fails. I was preparing to record an interview when my computer developed a huge glitch, and my back-up recording device likewise didn't capture the audio I needed. As a result, I will have to delay using my new fancy-schmancy equipment until I upgrade the computer.
This means today's show is slightly different, and has none of the usual music and intros. We talk about the new regulations under the IDEA (Individuals with Disabilities Education Act) that change the way schools determine what children are eligible for help, hopefully meaning more children will be offerred services at a younger age than is currently the case.
We also talk about the way standardized testing actually creaes the incentive for teachers to ry to game the system, as was seen recently in Camden, New Jersey, where teachers and school administrators essentially falsified children's tests to boost their "merit" pay for dramatically increasing the school's performance on statewide testing.

Click Here for Episode #15

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home