Friday, June 02, 2006

My Entre Into Podcasting

I am a mom of 2 kids with learning disabilities. Both kids have above average to superior intelligence, but their learning disabilities were causing problems in school. Over the past nine years, I have made it my business to learn as much as possible about learning disabilities, and what we can do to help kids.

Whenever I talk with other moms, I find the best advice we get is usually from each other, over coffee, or at school functions. We also seem to tread familiar ground and have similar experiences trying to find help for our kids. Many parents have horror stories of trying to find reliable experts, trying new (and often sham) treatments, in their hunt to find anythinng that will help or possibly cure their child of their learning problems.

I am starting a podcast- www.ldpodcast.com -to talk about learning disabilities with other moms. What works and what is useless? How can I help my kid succeed? Are there strategies that have really worked? What about meds? Playdates? Relatives? Siblings? The list of issues is almost endless. And with the changes in school testing and curriculum, kids with LD are often feeling the brunt of the pressure to succeed.

while the first few podcasts will be solo performances, most will be discussions with other moms and professionals who work with kids with LD every day. I hope you find it helpful and entertaining, and will choose to subscribe!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home